ABOUT THE 80 TON ROTATING WRECKER
The CBR80 commands respect in the recovery arena. With the added capabilities of a CBR 80 ton rotating recovery boom you get 160,000 lbs of recovery power and one of the longest reaches in the industry at 348” off the tail board and 55 feet of height! Twin drive motors keep you spinning even when loaded with the heaviest weights.
Standard winching power is 100,000 lbs split between to 50,000 lbs Ramsey 2 speed winches. We can also add 2- 20,000 lb, boom mounted, auxiliary winches for more control. If you are looking for pulling power then adding a 60,000 lb Drag winch is a perfect option for you.
We recommend a 320” wheelbase for our 80 Ton Rotating wrecker. Tandem axle plus a steerable tag axle is the most common set up for all of our rotators. On the 80 tons we have also added a rear lift axle option to help with weight distribution and state weight regulations.
We offer many different layouts for our tool boxes and pride ourselves on “Custom Built” bedsides and boxes. Many safety features can be added to your truck during the build process. LED tool box lighting, multiple control panels and remote controls are some of the standard features. We suggest a “passenger side” tool box layout for most of our trucks that will keep you and your employees on the right side of your truck in normal towing situations. By keeping your common towing items such as chains, axle straps, lights and hoses on the non-traffic side of your truck you reduce your risk of accident.
OPTIONS TO CONSIDER WHEN BUILDING YOUR 80 TON WRECKER:
- Tool box– we can add a stainless steel tool multi drawer tool box to one of your bedside compartments to keep your tools and fittings organized.
- Stainless Steel appearance package– Add a little bling to your truck. Our stainless package typically runs the full length of your bedsides on the top and bottom rail as well as on the main boom and the rear of the under reach.
- Dri Deck– Dri Deck is a great way to protect your bed side’s boxes and keep your tool and accessories off the bottom of the boxes. We will cut Dri Deck to fit all of your boxes.
- Air Shift PTO– The convenience and ease of an air shift PTO is well worth the investment. We recommend air shift PTO’s for all of our units to reduce maintenance and repairs in the future.
- Tunnel Boxes– The added storage of a tunnel box is great for long handled items like shovels or brooms. It is also a great place for cribbing or a 48” light bar. These can be added to most trucks with adequate wheel base.
- Tow Bar– Since this truck is heavy spec’d it is not commonly used for towing due to weight restrictions. We do offer a tow bar for towing if requested.
- Recovery Accessories- Custom Built can offer you many types of accessories and kits to get your truck ready for work. Common kits include our “Ready to Tow” and “Ready for Recovery” kits.