About the 20 Ton Integrated Wrecker
Custom Built 20 ton wreckers are built to be a versatile solution for companies looking to expand their capabilities or add a dedicated truck for towing and recovery of busses, straight trucks and tractors. With 40,000 lbs of winching power, and 55,000 lbs of towing capacity from your under reach, this is the perfect truck for Medium to Heavy duty towing and recoveries. Our boom offers 40,000 lbs capacity retracted and 8,000 lbs at a full 8’ of extension . This allows you to recover everything from cars to trucks. Once you have completed the recovery, load that vehicle on to the under reach and lift up to 28,000 lbs retracted and 8,000 lbs at full 110” extension based upon your trucks wheelbase.
We recommend a 280” wheelbase for our single axle 20 Ton wreckers. This allows for proper towing capacities on most trucks and gives you adequate storage options. We offer many different layouts for our tool boxes and pride ourselves on “Custom Built” bedsides and boxes. Many safety features can be added to your truck during the build process. LED tool box lighting, multiple control panels and remote controls are some of the options. We suggest a “passenger side” tool box layout for most of our trucks that will keep you and your employees on the right side of your truck in normal towing situations. By keeping your common towing items such as chains, axle straps, lights and hoses on the non-traffic side of your truck you reduce your risk of accident.
Options to consider when building your 20 Ton Wrecker:
- Tool box- we can add a stainless steel tool multi drawer tool box to one of your bedside compartments to keep your tools and fittings organized.
- Stainless Steel appearance package- Add a little bling to your truck. Our stainless package typically runs the full length of your bedsides on the top and bottom rail as well as on the main boom and the rear of the under reach.
- Dri Deck- Dri Deck is a great way to protect your bed side’s boxes and keep your tool and accessories off the bottom of the boxes. We will cut Dri Deck to fit all of your boxes.
- Air Shift PTO- The convenience and ease of an air shift PTO is well worth the investment. We recommend air shift PTO’s for all of our units to reduce maintenance and repairs in the future.
- Tunnel Boxes- The added storage of a tunnel box is great for long handled items like shovels or brooms. It is also a great place for cribbing or a 48” light bar. These can be added to most trucks with adequate wheel base.
- Side Puller- If you are looking for some added recovery capabilities this is the perfect option for you. With two options of either 12,000 or 20,000lbs capacities and 24” of boom extension on each side, our side puller will complete your trucks recovery capabilities.
- Towing Forks- When you purchase a new wrecker from Custom Built we will supply you with one set of rear safety chains and a few sets of forks and receivers of your choosing.
CHECK OUT OUR FORKS AND RECEIVERS HERE
- Towing Accessories- Custom Built can offer you many types of accessories and kits to get your truck ready for work. Common kits include our “Ready to Tow” and “Ready for Recovery” kits.
Check out our kits here